Date: 8 March 2016
PolyU Design students are encouraged to enter into reputable international competitions to gain early exposure of their work as part of their learning experiences. The School will support the entry fees to the following competitions, initially up to 5 entries per category per calendar year.
To apply for this subsidy, please send a digital copy of your competition entry application together with a recommendation from your tutor to Flora Chan.
- D & AD Student Awards
- CLIO Awards - Student Category
- ONE SHOW Student Awards
- Young Guns International Advertising Award
- New York Festivals Award - Student Competition
- Chicago International Film Festival
- Sundance Film Festival
- Student Academy Awards
- Aspen Shortsfest
- San Francisco Independent Film Festival
- Cannes Film Festival
- Berlin International Film Festival
- Pusan International Film Festival
- Asian Festival of 1st Films
- Golden Horse Film Academy
- Damah Film Festival
- HK Mobile Film Festival
- IDSA "IDEA" Awards
- Red Dot
- Braun Prize
Date: 25 January 2016
Student Studio and Security and Fire Alerts
The following serves as a reminder to all of you.
Students from each year are allocated specific Studios. Most of your classes and tutorials will be held in these designated Student Studios.
Should there be a class scheduled in your Studio you are not enrolled onto (say, an elective subject you have not enrolled onto), please kindly co-operate and leave the Studio in order to avoid disturbing the class.
Also please be mindful of others – please keep your own belongings tidy so as to avoid disturbing others and classes run in the Studio
Security and Fire Alerts
Always be mindful of security – please keep a close eye on your personal belongings. Also do not unlock or open the Studio doors so as to avoid giving opportunities to outsiders / strangers enter your studios.
Always alert to Fire – any inflammable liquid / spray should be excluded from the studios and the building, except the Workshops on 1/F, which is equipped with an adequate protective system. Keep the corridor clear enough to allow Fire Exit access in case of emergency.
For further details about facilities, programme information, and subject syllabi, please visit the School of Design Student Website: http://stu.sd.polyu.edu.hk/
Date: 31 August 2015
Laser cutting service booking
Please be informed that in order to improve the booking process, effective from 1 Sept.2015 , all laser cut service booking will be held in room V101b (1/F Tools Crib ). Please come to us from Monday to Friday 9:00 am ~ 11:30 am and 1:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm personally.
Please be reminded that the rules of booking as below:-
- Staff /Student must register in person at the counter of workshop
- Staff /Students are required to show their Staff /Student ID cards,
- Staff /Students are only allowed to book for one hour in a day session with one week advanced booking under our arrangement,
- Staff /Students are required to be present during the reservation period. If they are late for more than 15 minutes, there will be regarded as giving up the booking. The reserved period will be open to others.
Date: 25 August 2015
Workshops Open Day and Orientation Tours on 2 September 2015 (Wednesday)
The new semester will commence after a week. In order to provide our freshmen with information on different facilities offered by different workshops in our School, we have arranged workshop orientation tours on 2 September (Wednesday). Please refer to the attached poster for the event details.
All SD students are welcomed!